Outpatient Care Services (OCS) are specialty mental health services provided to children/youth, ages 0-25 by professionals and paraprofessionals specially trained to recognize and respond to the unique biopsychosocial needs of children/youth. Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, OCS Program, this role will provide specialty mental health services to children/youth, ages 0-25, who identify as at-risk youth.
Reporting into the Clinical Supervisor, the Clinical Therapist, OCS program is responsible for providing Field Based Services which may include individual and family therapy and interventions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs intake assessments;
• Formulates Client Treatment Plans;
• Provides direct clinical work and therapeutic services to clients using a team and community-based approach;
• Fills out and maintains client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes;
• Continually assesses the needs and symptoms of clients, formulating diagnosis, gathering history, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of providing treatment;
• Accurately documents all work with clients as measured by QA standards;
• Monitors and maintains documentation of client services, ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, DMH contract and other related agencies standards and guidelines;
• Submits timely documentation (progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart) as outlined in policy;
• Participates in clinical/case supervision by coming prepared to discuss current caseload, documentation and productivity; accepts constructive feedback and direction; and puts feedback into clinical and therapeutic practice with clients;
• Establishes and maintains rapport and effective working relationships with clients; works effectively within the Agency and community;
• Maintains knowledge of program standards and policies as developed by VIP-CMHC and other governing bodies;
• Maintains confidentiality over all information regarding clients, families, and operations of the Agency;
• Maintains professional relationship with clients, staff, and other outside stake holders at all times and exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities;
• Follow agency policy and procedures;
• Participate in VIP in-service training programs; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree from an accredited university;
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish;
• Strong clinical and communication skills;
• The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers and staff;
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and web-based Electronic Health Record software (CareLogic);
• Well organized, detail oriented and skilled with time/task management, able to adapt to frequent changes;
• Working knowledge of community resources that address the special needs of the client base.
Please apply here: Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/621421/VIP-Community-Mental-Health/Clinical-Therapist-OCS-Bilingual-Spanish-Program-4000-bonus