Primary Therapist: Ascendant New York is a free-standing boutique detox and outpatient facility located in Midtown Manhattan. Ascendant New York is licensed by the State of New York’s Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services and is looking for a full time qualified health professional designated as a Primary Therapist. Must be a QHP and hold at least one of the following: LMSW, LCSW, LMFT, LCAT, LMHC and at least 2 years experience in alcoholism and drug treatment. Hours may include weekends. Salary well above industry average.
Responsibilities and Duties
1) Provide counseling and case management services to clients;
2) Hold individual and group counseling sessions;
3) Chart patients’ progress, develop treatment plans;
4) Counselors will do intakes, level of care determinations, bio-psychosocials and involve family members in treatment;
5) Additional duties will be determined by the Clinical Director.