BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Assistant Teacher for the Family Shelters Program.
• Provide direct services to clients, including Housing intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up
• Manage a case load
• Monitor and document client progress toward housing service plan goals/exit strategy
• Document all interactions with, or on behalf of clients
• Maintain familiarity with Housing programs, various subsidies/vouchers/resources available on- and off-site
• Provide presentations on housing as assigned by the program director
• Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, child, DHS, HRA and other providers
• Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required
• Complete program reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required
• Act as program contact person for inquiries concerning clients
• Review service plans and psycho-social assessments as assigned
• Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a minimum monthly basis
• Conduct home visits and other field work, as required
• Perform additional duties as assigned