New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award winning child welfare, health and social service agency in NYC with 35 years of experience in serving children with special needs and their families. NAC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to work in our Partners in Parenting Program (PIP). PIP is an aftercare program serving families that have successfully transitioned out of NAC’s Preventive Services Program. PIP is a home and community-based intervention program.
Title of Position: Social Worker
Location: 37 W. 26th St., 11th Floor | New York, NY 10010
Program: Partners in Parenting Program
Due to the “Coronavirus pandemic", PI is a home and community- based program. Telehealth visits are required during COVID.
· Provides comprehensive psychosocial needs assessments to determine services and interventions.
· Provides family-centered, case management and clinical services utilizing individual, family and group work modalities.
· Participates as a team member in weekly case review meetings
· Coordinates services as recommended by NAC’s interdisciplinary treatment team which includes our psychiatrist, psychologist, pediatrician, nurses, educators, parent advocate and entitlement and resource staff.
· Provides case coordination with hospitals, schools, mental health clinics and community-based organizations.
· Provides information, referral and advocacy services.
· Ensures adherence to agency and programmatic policies and regulations; completes all required documentation in our behavioral health record.
· Makes use of weekly individual and group supervision, on-site clinical trainings, and our monthly in-service mental health trainings.
· MSW from an accredited school of social work; Licensure is encouraged.
· Some knowledge of health-related factors in working with children with disabilities, medical complexity and behavioral health conditions.
· Prior experience in child welfare, mental health or health care settings
· Work hours are generally 9-5pm; must be flexible to meet the needs of working parents.
· Proficiency in Spanish is a plus; competitive salaries.
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity, entity and inclusion.