Case Manager – Transitional Housing Program|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Dec 10, 2020
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Case Manager is responsible assessing referrals to the program and preparing them for move in. And providing general case management around education; housing, supportive counseling and connections to needed resources and services to clients in preparation for independent living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Intake and assessment services for clients on assigned caseload and referrals.
• Communicate with Santa Clara County matchmaker regarding referrals for all transitional housing sites.
• Utilize HMIS and AWARDS data to locate referrals to THP and conduct interview and assessment sessions for these young adults.
• Coordinate with Program Manager and other THP Case Managers to assist the young adults referred to THP to successfully move in.
• Provide case management services to youth in program.
• Assist youth in skills-building including independent living skills.
• Assist youth with developing educational and vocational plans.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services (BALA), health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Assist youth in developing and implementing a Needs and Services Plan to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Approve visitors and visitor passes – inform visitors of house rules.
• Approve and sign overnight passes.
• Utilize community resources to meet needs of youth in the program.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Monitor Clients housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner. Case Managers are responsible for monitoring chores and ensuring homes are clean and working order. Report maintenance issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Search bedrooms on suspicion of rule violations and address these issues with clients.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for youth.
• Supervise volunteers assigned to the program.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Participate in afterhours On-call rotation
• Assist with crisis intervention
• Participate in agency and program meeting as well as attend training sessions as required
• Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities
• Maintain client files and data to agency and County standards including paper and electronic files (AWARDS and HMIS). Complete reports as appropriate.
• Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Ensure that any BWC vehicles used are kept tidy and that any maintenance or safety issues are reported to the Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned
This job may require the supervision of volunteers assigned to the program.
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Behavioral Sciences); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Knowledge of foster care, juvenile justice and runaway and homeless youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/