Case Manager - Tenant - Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Dec 10, 2020
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Case Manager in our - Tenant - Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program. Under the direction of the Program Manager and working closely with program staff, the Case Manager provides case management services for young adults ages 18-25 centered primarily around strengthening independent living skills and housing permanency along with career and education development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive referrals from Community Queue and verify household meets eligibility criteria
• Intake and assessment services to the identify needs and strengths of the referred individual for services.
• Assist young adults in developing and implementing an "Individualized Program Plan" to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Provide case management services on an ongoing basis to young adults in program.
• Provide financial literacy to educate young adults on savings and expenses.
• Assist young adults with developing permanent housing plans.
• Provide mediation between landlords and young adults as needed.
• Assist young adults in maintaining permanent housing once achieved. Monitor housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Assist participants to: become employment ready, finding and maintaining gainful employment or advance current employment opportunities to ensure success in permanent housing.
• Conduct monthly income review/ subsidy calculations with clients to determine percentage of rental assistance provided.
• Assist young adults in building and improving life skills.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for young adults. Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adults in the program.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services, health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Maintain client files to agency standards including paper and electronic files (AWARDS and HMIS).
• Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered.
• Attend agency and other program meetings; including community meetings and trainings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Regular attendance required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with culturally diverse youth and parenting youth required. Experience with housing programs and ability to house clients quickly is a plus! Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/