Title: Office Manger
Program: 8 East 3rd Street Primary Care Clinic
Reporting to the Assistant Administrator of Clinic Operations in the Healthcare Department, the Office Manager is responsible for working in collaboration with medical providers, departmental and program staff to oversee administrative and operational functions within the healthcare clinic.
In partnership with shelter-based, program-based and other healthcare departmental staff, identify and link potential patients to available health services, including but not limited to tuberculosis screening, comprehensive exams, preventative care screenings, substance abuse treatment programs and treatment of chronic disease and behavioral health. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Office Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Welcoming and greeting all current and prospective patients and visitors, in person or over the phone; ensuring all incoming inquiries are either addressed or referred to appropriate resources, in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Managing day-to-day office volume through coordination with provider and clinical staff; process incoming patients through check-in and other related processes, and ensuring clear and prompt communication related to cancellations, early arrival and delays.
· Ensuring all new patients are promptly and accurately registered using required, standardized forms; ensuring existing patient information, including current registration and other required forms, contact and financial information is up-to-date
· Process patient insurance information and eligibility verification within guidelines and appropriate systems, including but not limited to ePACES and other payer-based portals
· Coordinate with program staff, including but not limited to case managers and program management, to ensure PRI clients are connected to appropriate healthcare services
· Oversee physical space of medical office and clinic; ensure reception area is clean and organized, materials and signage are visible and up to date.
· Maintain adequate inventory of office and medical supplies, placing orders and monitoring office equipment
· Protect patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and regulations
· High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED)
· Minimum one (1) year work experience in a medical office setting
· Basic competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Substantial telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication skills
· Strong time management, multi-tasking, organization, scheduling skills
· Strong customer service / relationship management skills
· Associates Degree
· Knowledge of clinical procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree
· Knowledge of office procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree
· Experience with the eClinical Works (eCW) electronic health record system a plus
· Bilingual; fluency in Spanish a plus