Housing Specialist – OSH Rapid Re-Housing Program|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 20, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - milpitas
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Housing Specialist in our OSH Rapid Rehousing Program. The Housing Specialist will be responsible for locating housing for homeless young adults and families. The Specialist is required to work quickly and independently in the fast paced housing market in Santa Clara County in order to secure housing for young adults and families. In addition to locating housing, you will conduct housing inspections, negotiate, and build relationships with landlords, collaborate with community partners, as well as be personable and informative about the BWC programs when engaging with the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement the housing first model for all enrolled clients.
• Identify appropriate rental housing in the community for clients that is aligned with their needs and goals.
• Develop and maintain inventory of appropriate units for clients and their families.
• Engage Landlords to build and sustain relationships with Bill Wilson Center and our clients.
• Network with landlords, renter’s associations, property management businesses, and county wide permanent housing providers.
• Educate community members about the housing needs of clients and the importance of supportive housing.
• Provide direct assistance to clients with housing search.
• Guide and educate clients on how to search for, secure and maintain permanent affordable housing, including tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities.
• Provide assistance to clients with completing housing forms, applications and obtaining required verifications to determine eligibility.
• Inspect units to ensure they meet housing quality standards
• Prepare and process all required documents for financial assistance.
• Provide financial assistance for move in costs, deposits and/or delinquent rent.
• Follow agency policies and procedures regarding financial documentation and reconciling all requests.
• Maintain thorough and accurate progress notes, files, and correspondences in AWARDS and HMIS as required
• Maintain regular contact with clients, monitor progress.
• Coordinate with Case Managers to ensure clients needs are being met.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Real estate or Property Management experience required. Knowledge of housing availability in Santa Clara county required. Relationships with landlords/apartments/etc highly desired. Experience working with culturally diverse population. Must be efficient and organized. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs