Program Manager - Housing Programs|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 20, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
The Program Manager supervises staff working in the housing programs for young adults and families age 18-24. These are programs for young adults preparing for permanent housing. This position requires collaboration with other BWC programs to ensure young adults receive full scope services including employment, education, housing, mental health services and independent living skills. Some of the programs include THP to Rapid Rehousing, Young Family Shelter and a Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist staff with day to day activities including individual case discussion, file reviews, and administrative duties and explain grant requirements.
• Provide resources and guidance to case managers as needed.
• Provide guidance on tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities, and write letters as needed to advocate on client’s behalf.
• Ensure Family Shelter has appropriate supplies and food to support the families. Purchase food and supplies for the shelter as needed.
• Work collaboratively with BWC staff in other programs and our community partners in areas such as mental health, social services, probation, employment, and education in order to ensure appropriate services.
• Communicate with Office of Supportive Housing Coordinated Assessment Match Maker to process referrals from the community queue.
• Develop and Maintain all Program Policy and Procedures and COA standards
• Maintain appropriate paperwork and standards for all services. Ensure staff compliance with AWARDS and HMIS data entry. Support staff to have good data quality and accuracy, including progress notes and other required documentation.
• Responsible for creating reports, reporting data and extracting data as needed internally and for funders and within required timelines.
• Ensure programs are meeting their required outcomes and goals and that data in AWARDS and HMIS supports this.
• On-call for program staff 24x7
• Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings. Attend and participate in meetings and work groups as required for program.
• Facilitate Case Review meetings with case managers and housing specialists
• Provide weekly or bi-weekly supervision to case managers and housing specialists to provide support and monitor client’s progress. Meet with staff regularly to review accomplishments, needs, questions, etc. Help staff grow in their positions.
• Conduct initial 6-month reviews for new hires and annual performance reviews for staff. Approve PTO requests. Disciplinary/Corrective actions for staff if needed. Bring any serious performance concerns to the attention of Director and Human Resources.
• Follow all agency financial procedures and ensure staff are in compliance with all financial procedures. Approve financial requests from staff.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to Facilities Manager immediately.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job supervises staff working in the housing programs for young adults and families age 18-24.
Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years of relevant experience including managing staff. Proven leadership skills required. Ability to train, motivate, mentor and manage staff required. Knowledge of needs and resources for runaway, homeless and street youth, youth with mental health issues and LGBTQ youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required. Requires at least 40 hrs per wk of onsite work
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/