Part-time (20 hours) Bilingual (English/Spanish) Domestic Violence Specialist
The New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (The NYSPCC) seeks a motivated, devoted professional with strong clinical and organizational skills to serve as a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Domestic Violence Specialist. The position requires 20 hours per week and will include afternoon/evenings to accommodate participant schedules. The position is currently 80% remote due to the pandemic but will move to full-time in-office hours once the pandemic is over.
The Bilingual Domestic Violence Specialist will play an important role in providing supportive counseling to custodial parents participating in our Therapeutic Supervised Visitation Program (TSVP). Our TSVP serves economically disadvantaged families with a court mandate for visitation due to histories of domestic violence, child physical and sexual abuse, and neglect. The program seeks to assist high-risk families in creating safe, supportive, and consistent parent-child relationships through psychoeducation, exploring the impact of intergenerational trauma on parent-child relationships, supporting parent accountability, and facilitating healing in parent-child relationships.
• Provide weekly supportive counseling to custodial parents of children participating in TSVP, the majority of whom are impacted by domestic violence, using a psychoeducational curriculum
• Carry a limited caseload of TSVP families
• Co-facilitate Parenting Journey groups for visiting parents participating in TSVP
• LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or equivalent and New York State licensure required
• Fluency in Spanish required
• Commitment to social justice and strong communication skills required
• A minimum of three years of experience providing counseling to domestic violence survivors required
• Comprehensive knowledge of IDV Court, Family Court, and child protective systems preferred