Position: Counselor on a multi-disciplinary team in a Supervised Community Residence serving formerly homeless, mentally ill adults.
*Overnight Position 12am-8am and Weekend is included.
Qualification: Minimum of High School Diploma with two years experience in Human Services preferably residential with mentally ill. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills necessary. Knowledge of Psychiatric Rehabilitation preferred.
Work with the team to ensure overall safety and security of the residents.
Responsibilities: As a member of a team that supports the development and maintenance
of independent living skills for persons with mental illness, assist in providing rehabilitative and support services to residents. Work with the team to ensure overall safety and security of the residents.
1. Document regularly scheduled facility inspections, maintenance requests.
2. Document regularly scheduled security checks throughout shifts.
3. Maintain logs of shift activities, resident activities.
4. Prepare Incident Reports when necessary.
1. Attend all staff meetings, training, seminars, and other meeting as assigned.
2. Perform assigned evening and morning routines such as: evening activities, morning wake up, breakfast preparation, medication counts, etc.
Case management/Client Services
1. Assist primary counselors by providing the services for each resident identified in their Service Plan.
2. Assist counselors to educate/train residents in daily living skills.
3. Assist other staff with crisis intervention, hospitalizations, and other emergencies.
4. Work with staff to empower resident’s council and to run their own meetings.
5. Train residents in fire/safety procedures, such as: use of extinguishers, orderly fire drills, self-preservation, etc.
6. Provide individual counseling and crisis management as needed.