BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Program Assistant for Westchester Avenue Safe Haven.
• Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, referral, service plan development, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
• Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
• Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
• Document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
• Provide general clerical support, including filing, faxing, word processing, typing, photocopying and sorting mail.
• Answer telephones, take messages and direct calls to the appropriate parties.
• Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis.
• Complete program reports on a monthly basis or more frequently as required.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Launder client clothing
• Launder all safe haven linens weekly
• Develop a system to do both client laundry and safe haven linens
• Provide new incoming clients with immediate concrete services including clothing and toiletries
• Assist Administrative Assistant with data entry as needed
• Keep ongoing inventory of client supplies
• Assist with the transport and distribution of client meals as needed