Resident Services Coordinator |
Communities Advocating for Resident Empowerment (CARE)
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 10, 2020
||US - California - Oakland
||- n/a -
Provide services coordination, assessments, case management, advocacy and linkages to seniors and adult residents with disabilities of the Baywood Apartment Community. The Resident Services Coordinator will establish linkages with agencies and service providers in the community who serve seniors and people with disabilities. The Resident Services Coordinator will work and consult with property management and provide them with education regarding the needs and appropriate service delivery to this population.
- Provide intake, assessment, on-going case management and referral services to seniors and adults with disabilities needing these services, in order to link them with and utilize existing community resources;
- Develop and implement individual service plans for each resident who receives ongoing case management;
- Establish, develop and maintain linkages with community service providers and generate an “On-Site Resource Guide” of services available to the residents;
- Provide or coordinate educational sessions for residents about resources available to them within the broader community;
- Serve as an advocate for residents to ensure that they receiving all services for which they are eligible;
- Monitor the ongoing services that are delivered to residents by community providers to assure that they are appropriate and that the resident is progressing;
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the quality assurance staff to assure that program outcome measures are met;
- Maintain accurate, timely and confidential documentation on all clients served;
- Coordinate outreach as needed for the senior programs provided, including nutrition, exercise, and other classes;
- Organize volunteer support programs for residents;
- Assist residents in developing informal support networks with family, friends and other residents;
- Educate staff of both the property management team about the needs and services available for seniors;
- Maintains resident files in compliance with HUD and CARE management requirements
- Uses American Association of Service Coordinators (AASC) software program for case management and progress updates
- Prepares and submits all HUD regulatory and internal reports
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up and clean up.
- Ability to sit in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to deliver door-to-door communication for residents of 77 unit multi-floor apartment building.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds or more, twist, bend, and carry in the office setting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in social service delivery to senior citizens and people with disabilities. Any supervisory, management or HUD experience is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and requirements related to elderly and disabled programs. As well as non-governmental networks related to geriatric services, e.g. homemakers, Meals-On-Wheels, disability counseling, and Area Agencies on Aging.
- Understanding of the physical, mental and social changes associated with elderly and disabled populations, including cognitive impairments, medication/substance abuse, fraud/violent crime awareness and self-protection, dealing with death and loss;
- Skills and strategies related to interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, problem-solving, cultural diversity, advocacy, teamwork, consensus building & group dynamics, decision-making and outreach;
Name: Mary White
Address: 531 Encinitas Blvd Ste 206
Country: United States