BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and are guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Social Worker for the Webster Campus Community School Program.
The Children and Youth Department Webster Campus Community School seeks a Full-time Licensed
Social Worker to work with students in our middle school program at IS 313 and 339.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Coordinate with Community School Director and School Personnel to identify chronically absent
students and families in need of mental health services
• Provide individual, group, and family counseling as needed for identified caseload
• Create and maintain case records including intake, biopsychosocial, and treatment/service plan and
• Facilitate student workshops on various social/emotional topics such as building self-esteem, stress
management, healthy relationships/teen dating violence, bullying, etc
• Collaborate with Community School Director and Parent Coordinator to develop and facilitate
workshops, events and community school forums for families
• Facilitate workshops for teachers around social and emotional learning
• Conduct push-in sessions and provide support around behavioral concerns in the classrooms as deemed necesary.
• Maintain and build partnerships with outside agencies to enhance programming
• Plan special events and other innovative programming with school and CBO staff
• Assist with supervision of children and/or provide coverage as needed (on or off-site)
• Be an active member of the attendance, community school, and school leadership team and/or