The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking a Nurse Practitioner/Pediatric Psychiatrist who, under the supervision of the Medical Director, will be responsible conducting medical services including Addiction Medicine Services, Psychiatric Services, and Administer injectable injections.
• Conduct health assessments and physical examinations.
• Conduct psychiatric assessments and psychiatric medication management for youth.
• Conduct addiction medication assessments, addiction medication induction and medication management.
• Administer prescribed injectable medication.
• Facilitate referrals to primary and specialty medical services and mental health services where indicated.
• Coordinate care with clinical staff to ensure the clients are meeting their medical and psychiatric goals and that their needs in these areas are met.
• Provide training and/or seminars to staff and clients.
• Complete all required documentation.
• Review lab testing results and medical records making appropriate follow up and referrals as indicated.
• Review and approve treatment plans.
• Serve as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
• Serve as a member of the Utilization Review team.
• Disinfect surfaces & workspace items before & after use .
• Disinfect surfaces that clients come into contact with after each session/meeting (& to log the completion of this task).
• Assist with disinfecting of communal high touch surfaces.
• Assist with visitor temperature checks/health declaration completion & documentation.
• Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
• Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
• Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Nurse Practitioner License/ M.D. with pediatric specialization required.
• Minimum one (1) year of nursing/psychiatry experience.
• Current CPR/ First Aid certifications.
• Knowledge of the administration of injectable Medications.
• Certification to prescribe buprenorphine
• Must be available to work days, weeknights and Saturdays, as needed.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Nurse Practitioner/Pediatric Psychiatrist” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Staten Island YMCA – South Counseling Service
Attn: Kerri Quinn
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ? DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y, there’s a way.