FULL-TIME / PART-TIME positions
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking a full-time and part-time Counselors who, under the supervision of the Site Director, will be responsible for providing care to a designated caseload, including provision of direct individual, group and family sessions. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordination of specialized program services and case management of caseload. The incumbent must be able to work on Saturdays.
• Conduct screenings, assessments, determine appropriate level of care, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
• Facilitate sessions including group, individual, family, crisis intervention, and referrals.
• Manage census administration, retention of cases, family support, fee collection, and outreach presentations.
• Coordinate care for designated caseload, including completing ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and collaborating with professionals working with the caseload.
• Provide in-home and community-based services as necessary.
• Conduct urine drug screens.
• Maintain contract and regulation compliance, fulfill clinical standards and best practices and all related documentation.
• Serve as Manager-On-Duty and/or alternate clinician when necessary.
• Serve as task supervisor to interns/volunteers when appropriate.
• Provide guidance to the staff in the absence of an on-site supervisor, when requested.
• Manage off-hours emergency cell phone on a time-limited rotating basis, when needed.
• Participate in team meetings, individual and group supervision.
• Participate in & maintain certification for all required EBPs and clinical practices.
• Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
• Disinfect surfaces & workspace items before & after use.
• Disinfect surfaces that clients come into contact with after each session/meeting (& to log the completion of this task).
• Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
• Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Meet OASAS requirement for Provisional QHP Status. Meet OASAS requirement for CASAC, CASAC Level 2, or QHP preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years of additional treatment experience.
• Knowledge of the criminal justice system, treatment court, and TASC.
• Knowledge of 12-step model, motivational interviewing, and trauma informed care.
• Must be available to Saturdays (required) and days and weeknights, as needed.
• Bilingual preferred.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Counselor – Little Steps Program” to email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ? DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y, there’s a way.