Case Manager - THPP/THP+ Foster Care|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 05, 2020
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
The Case Manager for THPP/THP+ Foster Care provides youth and young mothers with living arrangements, case management services, and preparation for independent living. Also provides guidance to Residential Counselors in the THPP program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide case management services to young adults in program.
• Assist young adults in skills building including independent living skills and parenting skills.
• Assist young adults with developing educational and vocational plans.
• Assists young adult with budgeting, banking and money management
• Assists young adults with job training programs and employment
• Assist parenting young adults with child care arrangements.
• Investigates home conditions to protect children from harmful environment.
• Evaluates children’s physical and psychological makeup to determine needs.
• Counsel’s children and parents, guardians, foster parents, or institution staff, concerning adjustments to home situation, plans for child’s care, interactional behavior modifications needed, or rehabilitation.
• Provide intake assessments service for young adults
• In conjunction with young adult, develop and implement a comprehensive transitional housing plan.
• Maintain case history records and reports.
• Interview young adults for purpose of screening to determine eligibility for agency services.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services (LACY), health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Assist young adults in developing and implementing an "Individualized Program Plan" to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adult in the program.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Must work with clients to maintain an orderly and clean residential living area.
• Maintain budgetary responsibilities and management
• Attend quarterly collaborative THP/THP + FC meetings
• Work with CC25, Nova, Teen Force, Work2Future and ILP programs to maximize youth employment and training opportunities
• Maintain CCL licensing regulations including reporting of incidents for THP+FC
• Assist with interviews, training and maintenance of House Monitors
• Maintain census capacity
• Maintain effective communication with placement workers through DFCS or Probation Departments
• Provides Aftercare services to young adults post discharge
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Complete progress notes, assessment tools and enter into AWARDS
• Complete quarterly reports and send to County Placement Worker
• Assess youth and provide supportive services in both single and scattered sites
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university Psychology or other Behavioral Health field plus 2 years of relevant case management experience. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Knowledge of foster care, juvenile justice and runaway and homeless youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/