Life Skills Coach/Youth Advocate
Works closely with Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Clinicians to formulate structured community and skill building activities for Youth Homes’ TAY Full-Service Partnership (FSP) and TAY Aftercare consumers. Develops contacts and works directly with other community programs and resources. Involves and informs youth of options and opportunities available to them by role modeling and coaching around the development of self-advocacy skills. Life Skills Coach/Youth Advocate also work very closely with the Youth Homes’ Stepping Stones Program and with assuring TAY program consumers access the full array of TAY services available.
• Bachelor’s degree required in preferred disciplines of psychology or related field.
• Experience working with teens or young adults in a professional support capacity.
• Lived experience as a former foster youth or past recipient of children/young adult behavioral health services is strongly preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
• Possess a CA driver’s license, with no restrictions
• Must pass all mandated security clearances, prior to employment
• Must pass a health and drug screening, prior to employment
• Must meet all training and agency compliance requirements for this position
• Must have basic computer literacy
• Must have strong writing and communication skills
• Provides own well maintained and privately insured car for official travel when necessary. Drives Company and/or private vehicle while observing safety rules and legal driving guidelines. Must maintain driving record that is acceptable to Youth Homes’ automobile insurance.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, move quickly/run, use hands, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2042199 or email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Youth Homes is an equal opportunity employer