Residential Treatment Counselor
Residential Treatment Counselors shall meet one of the following requirements prior to employment:
• Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree;
• Or have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit;
• Or have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth;
• Or have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth;
• Or have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; or
• Or have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic program or group home for at least one year.
• Have relevant experience as determined by the department to meet any of the above requirements.
• Experience in a residential treatment field preferred. Experience in a treatment program for adolescents and children may be substituted.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; move quickly/run; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and very low and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment can be more than moderate.
• Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
• Possess a CA driver’s license, with no restrictions. Driving is an essential function of this job.
• Must pass all mandated security clearances, prior to employment.
• Must pass a health and drug screening, prior to employment.
• Must meet all training and agency compliance requirements for this position.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2041881 or email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer