SUMMARY : The Program Manager is responsible for the daily program operations of Step Up’s DMH Adult Full-Service Partnership (FSP) program. This program includes high acuity adults age 26 and older. The Program Manager leads, administers and oversees program services and a large team (12+ members) who assume responsibility for providing direct services to adults experiencing serious mental health issues. All programs provide DMH/Medi-Cal services: comprehensive mental health services and psychosocial rehabilitation, targeted case management, medication management, and crisis intervention in a field and office based setting. The program provides 24/7 on call coverage to clients and family members to provide the highest quality of life in the least restrictive community setting possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict other tasks, which may be assigned.
- Oversee program outcomes to meet contract budget and revenue requirements.
- Direct day-to-day clinical operations. Supervise, manage and support team members to ensure appropriate coverage and services to the client census.
- Signature Authority for direct reports, timesheets, mileage, check requests and performance evaluations.
Staff and Program Participant Support:
- In collaboration with the Hollywood Director of DMH Clinical Programs, takes a lead role in staff hiring and on boarding process. Ensure team members have proper training and understand their job and role on the team. Connect staff to QM or clinical supervisors as needed for additional training and guidance.
- In coordination with the Directors, communicates with County DMH and community referrals; coordinates client outreach and admission process.
- Coordinates day and on call schedule and coverage. Provides clinical direction and guidance to team members on progress of all cases.
- Assume responsibility for any outside communication written or verbal, with team members.
- Provide clinical support and supervision to team members, referring any administrative and/or clinical issues outside scope of practice to Director of DMH Clinical Programs, VP of Programs, or Chief Programs Officer.
- Coordinate Nursing and Psychiatrist services with Director of Nursing.
Quality Assurance and Reporting:
- In coordination with the Quality Assurance Manager, implement and follow Quality Assurance activities to meet Medi-Cal Standards and protocols; monitor Electronic and paper documentation and charts; determine and review appropriate use of program services, accuracy of documentation and third-party payment requirements compliance and ensure staff mastery of QA requirements. - Authorize or co-sign paperwork as warranted.
- Will become or is LPS designate for program for emergency psychiatric assessments, 5150 evaluations and hospitalizations. Serve as backup on call and assume primary “on call” as needed.
- Participate in DMH, QA, Continuum of Care (COC) committees and meetings as requested. Liaise with Mental Health and Homeless Network providers and communicate with non-Step Up providers to engage in interventions strategies.
- Attend regular Step Up management level meetings as well as local service area meetings as assigned.
- Other Duties as assigned.