TEMPORARY CARE COUNSELOR (12/1/20 - 9/30/20)
Provide support to caregivers/families on issues related to caregiving and dementia and manage grant funded program for clients living in the City of Los Angeles. This grant-funded position is scheduled to run through September 30, 2021.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide telephone screening and assessment of callers’ needs, develop care plans for families, provide referrals to services and conduct follow-up regularly.
• Provide ongoing Care Counseling, including case management, counseling, training, outreach, respite and financial assistance services to clients in the City of Los Angeles.
• Meet all program goals as outlined in the Grant.
• Plan, develop and execute a robust outreach plan to recruit caregivers for service.
• Follow-up in a timely and consistent manner with all directed referrals through our Helpline and ALZ Direct Connect programs
• Compile and report on all statistical data required for internal and external management of services and Grant funds.
• Educate caregivers on dementia-related issues.
• Attend quality assurance meetings and trainings.
• Provide Helpline assistance and crisis intervention as the Care Counselor of the Day on a rotating basis.
• Develop relationships with community partners through networking.
• Enter client data, contact information, and consultation notes into the Penelope database in a timely manner, updating as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required
• Master’s level, licensed or license-eligible psychologist, social worker, nurse, or marriage & family therapist preferred
• Two year’s experience in the aging or dementia care field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Write and speak Spanish fluently
• Computer literate
• Personable, able to work with people with dementia, caregivers and professionals
• Ability to work with diverse volunteers and staff
• Well organized, self-starter
• Knowledge of community resources highly preferred
• Knowledge of database software computer programs preferred
Send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to:
Alzheimer’s Los Angeles
Attn: Human Resources
4221 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90010
(Word attachments only: Include the job title in the subject line)
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).
Alzheimer’s Los Angeles (Alzheimer’s LA) offers a competitive salary + benefits. Alzheimer’s LA is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.