Blanton Peale Institute & Counseling Center
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 29, 2020
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - New York
||- n/a -
The Clinic Director, as leader of Blanton-Peale’s Outpatient Mental Health Clinic, is a dynamic leader, skilled at managing others, and an anti-racist practitioner who is adept in creating an environment that values cultural humility and holistic trauma informed care.
To best fulfill this role, we seek a professional who is a team player, technologically savvy, passionate at seeing that vulnerable populations receive excellent care, and able to meet the demands of both clinic and organizational needs. Given our clinic growth curve, the Clinic Director will ensure that both telehealth and onsite clinical capacity meets the needs of patients, clinicians and the organization at large.
Our next Clinic Director will be a seasoned clinician, well versed in the best practices of supervision and quality assurance and have an interest in developing data collection methods. In this position, the Clinic Director will actively oversee and participate in the day to day management of the clinic, ensuring exceptional client and staff experience. He/she/they will amplify staff talent and clinic administration.
• Supervise clinic management staff and nurture their potential within the organization.
• Recruit and hire diverse clinic staff (therapists & receptionists) that can meet the needs of the demographics served.
• Lead and oversee onboarding of new clinic staff.
• Coordinate Graduate Internship programs (MSWs & MHCs), assigning Interns to appropriate supervisors.
• Reimagine individual & group clinical supervision that reflect Blanton-Peale’s strategic distinctives.
• Reimagine training capacity for clinical staff to strengthen their clinical skills.
• Provide individual & group supervision.
• Maintain regular Clinic-wide meetings and strategize ways to include Fee for Service therapists who work at various days and times.
• Maintain close relationship with Director of Psychiatric services to strengthen supervision of psychiatric staff.
• Maintain close relationship with Director of Psychoanalytic Training Program to ensure Analytic Residents are kept abreast of clinic protocols.
• Serve as principal liaison to OMH, attending bi-monthly meetings and keeping up with relevant correspondence.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure exceptional client experience and clinic staff experience that ensures compliance with regulatory bodies.
• Serve as principal clinical consultant for crisis intervention, including issues related to suicidality, homicidal ideation, child abuse/neglect, elder abuse,
domestic violence and hospitalizations.
• Ensure High Risk committee is following appropriate protocols that address client risk.
• Provide guidance around handling physical charts (such as storage and chart requests).
• Maintain supervision records of all supervision groups.
• Coordinate Justice Center & OMH Incident reports.
• Oversee Utilization Review along with Compliance Manager.
• Oversee Clinical Case Disposition with Assistant Director.
• Coordinate regular meeting with Billing & Reception department.
• Cultivate relationships with partner organizations by attending regular community-based meetings.
• Develop data collection capacity to ensure we understand our strengths & opportunities.
MSW, Ph.D. or Psy.D.
LCSW or Licensed Psychologist with at least 5 years Clinical experience
Minimum of 5-year supervision experience
Experience as both clinician and supervisor in an Outpatient Clinic
Post-Graduate Training helpful
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Chief Program Officer, Mickey Correa, at CPO@BlantonPeale.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Given the present COVID-19 pandemic, during the near term, this position can be fulfilled primarily from a remote office, with the expectation to be On-Site once it is appropriate to do so.