BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR
The Family Center (TFC) is a not-for-profit organization providing social and legal services to families affected by life threatening parental illness, absence and loss. TFC has been the pioneer in the design and research of health care coordination and education, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
TFC’s Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) provides crisis Mental Health Services, Screening/Assessment/Diagnosis, including risk assessment, Person-Centered Treatment Planning, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Primary care coordination/screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk services, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Case Management, and Social, Peer and Community Recovery Support. The CCBHC program serves 300 adults and 50 children/youth annually. The Behavioral Health Supervisor supervises a team of six Behavioral Health professionals delivering integrated treatment services to adults and youth with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. The Behavioral Health Supervisor reports to the Director of Treatment Services. S/he supervises a team of six treatment professionals.
• Hire, train, supervise Masters-level Therapists and Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors providing treatment services for adults and children with SMI/SED/SUD/COD.
• Ensure all care delivered by team meets all Trauma Informed Best Practice criteria.
• Ensure all care implemented by team is fully integrated with care provided by agency supportive service teams and services of collaborating agencies and facilities.
• Implement agency Emergency Response protocols, supervising and supporting team members on call and providing backup as needed; ensure emergency team protocols meet expectations of NYS Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic regulations.
• Provide reflective supervision to all staff on a weekly basis, to promote development of clinical insight and intervention skill and to address burn out and self-care needs.
• Facilitate bi-weekly group supervision/case conferencing.
• Review cases with staff to ensure accurate assessment of client needs and appropriateness of intervention plan; collaborate with agency psychiatrist on cases as needed.
• Ensure staff deliver Evidence Based Models with fidelity.
• Fulfill administrative duties as needed, including quarterly reviews of case records and treatment plans.
• Ensure timely collection of project evaluation data by staff.
• Monitor program performance data and design and implement quality improvement efforts to address performance gaps.
• Any other special projects and/or other duties as assigned.