Reporting to the Budget Specialist, the Payroll Accountant will be responsible for full cycle payroll processing and other general accounting duties in support of the Finance team. This part time position will work onsite up to 32 hours per week.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday up to 8 hours per day (onsite, not remote)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for processing biweekly payroll using Paycom system in a timely manner. Handle all payroll inquiries and provide detailed information in a timely manner.
• Analyze earnings, allocations, deductions and coding to ensure compliance with regulations of the Labor Commission, the IRS and the State, as well as Accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate financial statements.
• Review, analyze and reconcile 3rd party checks, payroll deductions and individual employee payroll registers to ensure accuracy. This includes but not limited to 401K, 403B and FSA.
• Review and reconcile quarterly tax returns and year-end W-2 forms with the GL.
• Ensure all Payroll-related information is reconciled with the financial statements. Make recommendations on the Payroll process in terms of the affect to the financial statements.
• Using SAGE 100 accounting system assist with data entry, reporting and other duties
• Perform general administrative duties including filing, research, mailing, phone calls, etc.
• Meet established deadlines for compiling data for financial transactions and reports.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement and Safety Activities and initiatives.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.