Title: Clinical Supervisor
Programs: Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS) and Chemical Dependency Crisis Services (CDCS)
Overview of Programs: The Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Service (MSOWS) of Project Renewal is an OASAS licensed, part 816.8, 30-bed medically supervised withdrawal management program. Clients receive medical supervision, lodging, as well as continuing counseling and referral services. The Chemical Dependence Crisis Services (CDCS) of Project Renewal, is an OASAS licensed, part 816.9, 30-bed, 24 hour, medically monitored facility. Clients receive services consistent with medical monitoring model that also include lodging, counseling and referral services. The unit serves as an entry point to a continuum of care. CDCS is also the triage unit for all intakes.
Overview of position: Under the general guidance of the Program Director, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of the counseling teams, providing direct supervision to the CASAC/CASAC-T counselors of the units. This person may also be assigned a caseload and is expected to provide individual and group counseling, treatment planning, discharge planning and referral services. This position reports to the Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct clinical supervision of all counseling staff and perform reviews of all relevant documentation, as per OASAS guidelines.
· Develop and maintain counselors’ work schedule and oversee daily case conferences.
· Identify client group topics and schedule in collaboration with social worker and OT.
· Perform individual supervision with counselors and peer support staff.
· Ensure that quality of service is provided and that counselors attend required trainings.
· Perform all regular duties of a counselor with a limited assigned caseload.
· Attend and participate in all staff and team meetings, and in-service trainings;
· Liaison with other Project Renewal programs and outside referral sources.
· Collaborate with completion of monthly quality assurance and OASAS requirements
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary team and with nursing leadership to insure effective service delivery.
· Oversight of admissions and discharges and the correlated documentation for both programs.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Advanced-level CASAC (Credentialed to provide clinical supervision under OASAS guidelines) required
· Prior supervisory experience required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Knowledgeable of OASAS guidelines for SUD programs.
· Bilingual (Spanish) candidates encouraged to apply.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to firstname.lastname@example.org