The Employment & Vocational Specialist works with clients to develop realistic, individualized job-search plans which accurately reflect the client’s professional skills and interests. The Employment & Vocational Specialist identifies employment opportunities for clients. He/she will spend time each week outreaching prospective employers and developing employer relationships. He/she will also research job search databases to identify interview opportunities for individual clients. The Employment & Vocational Specialist will then work closely with clients to set up interviews and coach them through the job search process.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
• Preparing clients for employment and placing them into jobs that meet program goals
• Identifying and establishing a network of employers across various sectors who will provide job opportunities for clients
• Managing a caseload of clients
• Maintaining timely, accurate and detailed case record for each client and employer in the Salesforce database system, including job search and follow-up activity
• Meeting job placement goals
• Developing employer partners in specific sectors to support training and placement initiatives
• Meeting with clients individually to develop a customized job search plan
• Developing job orders specifically aligned with the skills and interests of clients
• Preparing clients for specific job interviews by means of activities such as mock interviews, and ensuring that clients have all necessary applications, resumes, documentation and job search paperwork
• Representing Project Renewal at job fairs and other public forums
• Coordinating recruitment and hiring events with employer network
• Tracking and following up on job interviews, internships, and job placements
• Verifying employment and monitoring employer and client relationship
• Conducting workforce development workshops for clients
• Perform other duties as assigned
• B.A. in human resources, social work, business, or marketing preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
• Prior experience in sales, social work, human services, or human resources preferred.
• Ability to effectively develop job opportunities for low-skilled job seekers required.
• Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Experience working with a diverse population in low income neighborhoods
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to produce clear and accurate case notes
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with Next Step Employment & Vocational Specialist in the subject line.