ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/BILLER – Behavioral Health Services
The Family Center’s service array includes integrated Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Legal Services, as well as a wide range of supportive services to assist patients with meeting their treatment and life goals. The Administrative Assistant/Biller is responsible for providing administrative support to the Behavioral Health Services department including billing. The Administrative Assistant/ Biller reports to the Deputy Executive Director for Behavioral Health Services. This position requires scheduling flexibility including working evenings and Saturdays.
• Greet all clients in a friendly and professional manner. Facilitate client check-in and registration.
• Confirm all client insurance coverage with insurance company, verifying client eligibility for services on a weekly basis.
• Follow up immediately with staff and clients to quickly clarify and troubleshoot insurance eligibility issues.
• Follow all protocols to maintain security of all client Personal Health Information, including electronic transmissions of such data to out-sourced fiscal company, insurers, and other recipients.
• Communicate with insurance companies, clients, and out-sourced fiscal company to resolve billing and payment issues.
• Handle confidential information, including client records, with a high degree of integrity and adhering to all HIPAA and confidentiality policies and practices.
• Prioritize tasks and responsibilities and complete duties in the allotted time.
• Participate in all mandatory training and attend in-service training as required.
• Assist with administrative reviews and audits, as necessary.
• Answer all calls and route, as necessary.
• Perform receptionist, clerical and administrative duties as required.
• Book and maintain consultation room calendars.
• Handle mail and deliveries, including trips to post office and FedEx as required.
• Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of waiting area and front office.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or Equivalent minimum required. Associates Degree preferred
• At least 2 years of experience as receptionist or equivalent office experience
• At least 2 years of billing experience in a behavioral health setting
• Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 codes for Mental and Behavioral Health services
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) & ability to communicate clearly
• Superb attention to detail - the ability to catch and fix errors before final product is submitted for review
• Solid computer skills, including Excel
• Flexible, and a team player
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com and put “Administrative Assistant/Biller” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.