The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization providing social and legal services to families affected by life threatening parental illness, absence and loss. The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of health care coordination and education, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Social Work Supervisor of the Health and Wellness Institute (Article 31 licensed mental health clinic) is responsible for the administrative and clinical supervision of full-time/per-diem staff and student interns. The Social Work Supervisor reports to the Director of Treatment Services and is a member of the agency’s Senior Staff.
The work schedule for this position is Tuesday-Saturday.
• Provide clinical and administrative supervision for all Health and Wellness Institute staff including full-time, per-diem staff and student Interns providing a range of clinical services to children/adolescents and their caregivers.
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction to HWI staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of all required documentation including but not limited to treatment plans, progress notes, coordination of care notes, etc.
• Handle administrative duties as needed for program operation including but not limited to maintenance of client roster and high risk client list.
• Carry a reduced caseload of 3-4 clients.
• Develop and supervise group interventions.
• Ensure that appropriate referrals are made for other services internally and externally including health home services.
• When needed complete intakes and provide back up for clinicians.
• Participate in agency management and planning activities.
• Special projects and other tasks as requested.
• Masters in Social Work
• Four years experience in providing therapy services to families.
• Knowledge and familiarity with NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) clinic regulations and guidelines
• Knowledge and familiarity with third party and Medicaid billing
• Prior supervisory experience
Application Instructions: Please email a resume, cover letter and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Work Supervisor-HWI”. Please state salary requirements in cover letter.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.