BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Grant Accountant II for the Fiscal Department.
• Manage the monthly analysis and timely billing of all assigned government and foundation contracts, including NYC DHS and DFTA contracts.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly or semi-annual billing of all contracts as appropriate.
• Follow up expeditiously with all relevant government agencies on questioned expenditures. Ensure that BronxWorks receives the maximum amount of monies due.
• Verify collections of funds with Accounts Receivable and ensure accuracy of receivable balances in the ledger for the assigned contracts.
• Provide monthly updates to cash flow analysis for contracts being managed.
• Train program staff on the proper coding of expenditures.
• Perform monthly grant reconciliations to ensure that all activities under each grant fall within the funder and agency guidelines.
o Processes payroll expense reclasses as needed
o Reviews change of status forms
• Work with program staff to develop budgets and budget modifications as required and needed by program staff and government agencies.
o Provide assumptions and actual data for budget development
o Engages in a forecasting process with the programs to review significant changes from budget
• Process requests for advances on new contracts.
• Ensure accuracy of budget information in the general ledger.
• Prepares cash flow projections during budget and budget modification processes
• Communicates budget submission deadlines
• Train program staff as needed on how to read the budget to actual financial variance reports
• Meet quarterly with program staff to review financial status and that the budgets are up to date and accurate.
• Analyzes variances and communicates with programs
• Maintain complete and accurate grant files
• Assists with funder and financial statement audits
• Works with Operational Accounting unit to open and close cost centers as necessary
• Work proactively with program staff to provide all fiscal support needed in their management of their programs. Serve as a liaison on Finance and Human Resources issues to assist in getting the issues resolved.
• Attend professional trainings, including funder trainings, in order to be informed of any changes in funders’ requirements
• Support funder audits
• Undertake special projects as assigned.