The Case Manager reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for providing services and engaging youth in program by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide individual, face to face case management to 40-45 ILP youth focusing on five fundamental components: Permanence and Connection for Independence, Education, Employment, Youth Development and Housing.
o Enable youth to reach their academic goals
o Provide training in daily living skills, budgeting, locating and maintaining housing and career planning
o Provide individual and group counseling for ILP youth
o Collaborate with youth to incorporate their TILP goals into ILP Case Management plan and assist youth in achieving all goals
o Provide opportunities, connections and resources for affordable, safe housing and transitional housing programs at BWC or within the community
o Provide opportunities for support and parenting for ILP youth who are parenting
o Provide ILP youth with special needs and high risk behaviors the necessary resources to support their transition to adulthood
• Manage financial incentives for ILP youth
• Provide resources and referrals to relevant, culturally appropriate services in the community where the youth resides or plans to reside
• Coordinate with Career Development Unit for Life Skills workshops
• Provide outreach to engage youth not participating in services.
• Coordinate outreach with social workers for youth age 14-15 informing them of “Early ILP” services available
• Collaborate with DFCS staff, Career Development Unit, Educational Services Unit, DFCS ILP, Social Workers, Juvenile Probation Officers, adult supporters and other stakeholders working with ILP youth
• Design, create, and collect information for monthly calendar and newsletter.
• Attend required agency and stakeholder meetings.
• Maintain client files, statistical data and reports per protocol and deadlines.
• Coordinate college/career exploration tours.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.