Case Manager – Independent Living Program (ILP)|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 29, 2021
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
The Case Manager reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for providing services and engaging youth in program by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide individual, face to face case management to 40-45 ILP youth focusing on five fundamental components: Permanence and Connection for Independence, Education, Employment, Youth Development and Housing.
• Outreach to ILP youth and ensure that they engage in all workshops and curriculum classes.
• Ensure attendance of individual caseload to all workshops and curriculum classes
• Be prepare/willing to plan, facilitate/co-facilitate and participate in all workshops and curriculum classes
• Engage with co-located partners to ensure diversity in curriculum classes and to provide resources to clients
• Provide individual and group case management for ILP youth
• provide resources for support to parenting youth and connect them to ILP/Hub resources
• Manage financial incentives for ILP youth
• Provide resources and referrals to relevant, culturally appropriate services in the community where the youth resides or plans to reside
• Coordinate with Career Development Unit for Life Skills workshops
• Provide outreach to engage youth not participating in services.
• Coordinate outreach with social workers for youth age 14-15 informing them of “Early ILP” services available
• Collaborate with DFCS staff, Career Development Unit, Educational Services Unit, DFCS ILP, Social Workers, Juvenile Probation Officers, adult supporters and other stakeholders working with ILP youth
• Design, create, and collect information for monthly calendar and newsletter.
• Attend required agency and stakeholder meetings.
• Maintain client files, statistical data and reports per protocol and deadlines.
• Coordinate college/career exploration tours.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university plus 2-4 years of comparable work experience. Experience working with foster care system, probation and/or transition age youth required. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test. CPR/First Aid required (or complete within 30 days of hire).
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/