Case Manager (Part-Time)|
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 03, 2020
||$30-$32 per hour
||US - New York - New York
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Maintains a caseload of no more than 15 clients inclusive of their children and self-identified family or support members to ensure compliance with the contractual agreement with HRA.
2. Prepares comprehensive intake, service plans and assessments/reassessments of clients, their families and/or support members to effectively evaluate their needs; takes appropriate action to initiate needed services and prepares mutually-agreed upon service plans for clients. Needs assessments include but are not limited to physical health (including HIV/STI), mental health, substance use, dental health, tobacco use, education, employment, domestic violence and trauma.
3. Case Manager will work with client to produce a service plan at least quarterly with well-developed goals and progress markers and will use motivational interviewing and other evidenced-base practices to engage the client. Will utilize recovery oriented and trauma informed case management intervention based on client sand community needs and will work to engage the client in the community.
4. Ensures all client documentation is completed on time and is accurate and meets the contract provider’s requirements.
5. Monitors clients to assess their progress towards meeting their service plan goals, to offer support and guidance when needed and to assist the client in meeting their desired goals. Promotes clients’ compliance with their medical appointments, medications and monitor possible side effects of the medication.
6. Provides quality case management services in a manner that expedites meeting the contract provider’s requirements, the program’s outcomes and Iris House’s goals and objectives.
7. Provides crisis intervention services by assessing the client’s needs and providing the most appropriate solutions based on assessment of their immediate needs. Assists in managing the agencies’ response to medical and personal emergencies such as the need for hospitalization, threatened suicide or physical abuse.
8. Establishes relationships or linkages with other community-based providers to ensure services are accessible to clients when needed.
9. Collaborates with other agencies and community resources to refer clients for treatment and/or appropriate services when those services are not available at Iris House. Collaborates with other Iris House departments to ensure that services are fully integrated and that services are not duplicated.
10. Schedules weekly home visits to assess the needs of the client and her or his family members or domestic partner and children when appropriate.
11. Attends and participates in weekly team meetings and/or case conferences; meets with the director for weekly supervision.
12. Participates in creating and maintaining a workplace that values diversity and is free of racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices.
13. Keeps abreast of the latest development in relevant case management issues and concerns by conducting research on, reading available written resource materials, attending appropriate meetings and workshops and engaging in other useful methods to maintain up-to-date awareness of practices that can improve client well-being and programmatic outcomes.
Education: Bachelors degree in Human Services or a related field.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of case management experience.
Other Requirements: Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Knowledge of special needs of individuals. Experience with evidenced based practices and in particular motivational interviewing. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
1. Shares on-call status with other case management staff members.
2. Demonstrates teamwork and open communication.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Name: Ken Dejesus
Address: 2348 7th Avenue
City: New York
State/Province: New York
Country: United States
Ph: 646-548-0100 ext 303