As part of New York City’s plan to end homelessness, the Department of Homeless Services established Homebase Homeless Prevention Community Resource Centers throughout New York City. Homebase programs are designed to assist families and individuals who are homeless or at imminent risk for becoming homeless to develop a plan for long-term housing stability. Homebase helps clients navigate the complicated eviction process, offers financial and money management counseling, helps clients obtain public benefits, provides short-term financial assistance, and helps with relocation if necessary.
As Intensive Case Manager with the Homebase Program, you'll provide services that include intake and assessment, case management, eviction prevention, crisis intervention, advocacy, service referrals, and follow up – all on an intensive level over a period of nine months. In addition to assisting the clients with resolution to their housing issues, you'll be especially adept with assessing and identifying additional issues pertaining to (but not limited to) social services, mental health, medical, employment, and family support systems; providing appropriate referrals for assistance and ensuring successful linkages to public and private agencies for on-going services; and maintaining follow up services. You will also participate in other program activities such as outreach and program presentations.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Conducting intakes and assessments of high-risk program participants and providing referrals to appropriate resources to ensure the maintenance of housing stability and self- sufficiency.
* Using the Critical Time Intervention (CTI) case management model to address client needs.
* Conducting home visits and escorting clients to appointments when necessary.
* Establishing community linkages for high risk clients with the goal of building a support system to assist clients move towards self-sufficiency.
* Liaising with property management companies, landlords, and brokers to negotiate affordable rental amounts, repairs, etc.
* Documenting all work on behalf of clients in CARES via case notes, service plans with clear identified goals, and all contact with client through phone calls and home visits.
* Preparing weekly reports detailing CTI phase outcomes and challenges.
* Attending all required trainings and workshops for CTI and participating in weekly team meetings and individual supervisory meetings.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field required; Master's Degree in Social Work or a related field preferred.
* A minimum of two years of case management experience, assessment, counseling, and crisis intervention a plus
* Knowledge of NYC/NYS housing subsidies a plus.
* Strong verbal, written, and negotiation skills.
* Strong organizational and documentation skills.
* Ability to take the initiative, be dependable and resourceful, and pay keen attention to detail.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a timely manner and in a fast paced, demanding environment.
* Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office Excel.
* Knowledge and understanding of team concepts preferred.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
* Valid US driver’s license a plus.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.