About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
HELP USA employs over 400 safety team members in the metro New York City area at our many transitional (shelter) and permanent housing locations. We also provide security training though our HELP Works Job Readiness Program to some of our shelter clients, who we then hire as employees on our safety team. We’re currently looking for a Safety Training Manager to oversee training programs for both our existing security staff as well as for our HELP Works Security Training Program.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Conducting bi-monthly NYS Security Guard License and FDNY F02 certification training classes for shelter clients who are participants in the HELP Works Security Training Program.
* Conducting annual 8-hour in-service training classes for HELP safety staff, as required to maintain NYS Security Guard Licenses.
* Conducting training classes as needed for HELP safety staff interested in obtaining FDNY F02 and FDNY F80 certifications.
* Conducting CPR training classes for all HELP employees required to have current CPR certification.
* Assisting in presenting training on de-escalation and customer service to safety staff throughout the organization.
* Developing and managing a retention program for graduates of the HELP Works Security Training Program who are hired by various HELP USA program sites – including frequent, supportive communication with site Safety Directors to determine the type and extent of retention services required.
* Creating and overseeing a Safety Monitor development program to coordinate with Safety Directors in identifying high-potential staff early in their tenure with HELP and supporting their development into supervisory roles.
* New York State Certified General Topics Security Guard Instructor
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Certification as a CPR Instructor (or willingness and ability to obtain certification)
* Crisis prevention and de-escalation mindset
* Strong presentation, organization, communication and problem-solving skills
* Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office applications.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.