The Family Center Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (TFC-CCBHC) provides crisis Mental Health Services, Screening/Assessment/Diagnosis, including risk assessment, Person-Centered Treatment Planning, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Primary care coordination/screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk services, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Case Management, and Social, Peer and Community Recovery Support. The TFC-CCBHC program serves 300 adults and 50 children/youth annually. The Medical Director provides oversight and coordination of behavioral health, primary care and substance use services for the CCBHC program. The Medical Director is a part-time position and reports to the Executive Director.
• Intervenes as needed, clinically with clients in situations such as: Crisis, crisis intervention, risk, and special needs.
• Meets monthly with each treatment and recovery team to review high risk clients
• Ensure care meets all Trauma Informed Best Practice criteria
• Reviews client records for quality of treatment documentation and planning.
• Coordinates with other team members to monitor and ensure compliance with State licensing and regulatory standards.
• Provides and facilitates quality assessment and improvement training, and staff development.
• Participates in quality assurance and utilization review.
• Provides appropriate training for project staff
• Education: M.D. or D.O. and Board Certification by ABPN in Adult, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry required
• Licensure: Current, valid, unrestricted New York medical license required
• Relevant Work Experience: 5 years of clinical practice is required, preferable in managed care and/or substance use disorder treatment
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com and put “Medical Director” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.