In collaboration with the Senior Director of Housing, the Clinical Program Manager (CPM) manages, organizes, and directly oversees the agency’s Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) program. The CPM is responsible for staff supervision, overseeing and supervising the activities of program clients, implementation of overall agency objectives and the preparation and submitting of all monthly reports, coordination with the funder as needed.
The CPM is responsible for the effective use of program resources to improve organizational productivity and client related services. The CPM oversees, supervises and assists in the direct provision of all substance use and mental health counseling activities. The CPM is responsible for development and implementation of the program’s policies and procedures. Performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Provides direction and oversight for the clinical component of the program to ensure clients receive comprehensive assessments, service plans and other high-quality supportive services.
2. Directly provides and oversees individual and group mental health and substance use counseling.
3. Evaluates the effectiveness of ongoing operations and the application of the contract provider’s requirements to ensure compliance and to make recommendations for the development and implementation of new and/or revised
program policies and procedures and to develop and implement service delivery activities that effectively meet the needs of clients.
4. Ensure quality assurance by periodically auditing and reviewing client charts to assess adherence to the provider’s contractual agreement, to ensure the completeness of all chart documentation and to assess the quality of services delivered. Monitors the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the program’s operations by maintaining performance monitoring systems for all programs and services provided to Iris House clients. Oversees all program entry into eCOMPASS as required by funder.
5. Coordinates with program staff to ensure client eligibility is maintained and program income fees are properly computed and collected; coordinates with funder and relevant parties to ensure proper rent reimbursement.
6. Establishes a system to monitor the physical and emotional needs of housing residents to supports clients’ efforts to live independent and self-sufficient.
7. Manages, plans, directs and coordinates the program’s policies and procedures, work plan and operating protocols; direct supervision of program staff, including CASAC/CASAC-T; reviews, evaluates and assesses workload. Prepares budget and tracks expenditures and budget variances and works to maintain program’s fiscal integrity.
8. Works with the Housing Specialist to locate and assess the appropriateness of prospective apartments, secures lease agreements and
determines when apartment should be de-leased.
9. Manages the program’s budget and ensures the completeness and accuracy of all documentation and billing activities and reconciles and/or resolves discrepancies as needed.
10. Monitors and evaluates personnel, provides and coordinates staff training; works with employees on performance issues, makes discipline recommendations to Director of Housing.
11. Ensures Senior Director of Housing Services/HOPWA Program Director is informed of significant issues and conditions that may have an adverse impact on the organization’s operation and goals.