Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services is seeking an enthusiastic and committed clinician to work in the Admissions Department, primarily for our Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP). The ideal candidate is experienced, dedicated, compassionate, and excited about working in an adolescent residential setting for teens with severe mental health and substance abuse related issues. We are looking for applicants who are flexible and able to adjust to the evolving nature of residential treatment. Our treatment approach is relationship based, Dialectical Behavior Therapy oriented, culturally sensitive and trauma informed. Full time (37.5) position with benefits assessing teens with mental health disorders for placement in Vista Del Mar’s Residential Treatment Program and works under the direct supervision of the Director of Residential Admissions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Gathers and reviews full intake packets for appropriateness for potential admissions.
• Responds to placement inquiries from workers in and out of county on a timely basis
• Engages in intake interviews with prospective adolescents for our residential treatment program both onsite, remotely, and in the community
• Completes Department of Mental Health Full Assessments and other required admission documentation
• Participates in and represents Vista Del Mar’s STRTP in daily Interagency Placement Committee (IPC) conference calls
• Master’s Degree in either Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, from accredited university
• Active current license, or active associate registration with the BBS and maintain good standing with the BBS during employment (required).
• Must have knowledge and/or experience working with DCFS and DMH relative to residential treatment for severely emotionally disturbed adolescents.
• Minimum of one-year experience working in a residential treatment facility for foster adolescents with emotional disturbance.
• Experience writing DMH Assessments preferred.
• Well organized.
• Computer Proficient.
Reply Subject: Residential Admissions Clinician