BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and are guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronWorks is hiring 25 Resource Navigators for the Access to Benefits Department.
• Two years of coursework or equivalent experience in social or human services or related fields (social work, human services, community /public health, sociology, psychology, mental health counseling, or related field)
• Familiarity with experience working in New York City health systems or social/human services
• Performs remote/field work in support of COVID-19 contact tracing paradigm.
• Candidates preferred to have experience working with community resources and social services in different parts of new your City that can inform connecting patients with COVID and their families to local resources. (Please indicate what location on our application)
• Speaking more than one language fluently is a distinct advantage; please mark this on your application
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis and distress.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Critical thinking and sound judgement required
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
• Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
• Ability to show empathy and be nonjudgmental toward distressed individuals
• Ability to understand the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on undeserved and underrepresented communities.
• Have a demonstrated commitment to supporting communities who have experienced systemic oppression and bias (e.g. people of color, LGBTQ,+ people, immigrants, justice involved persons, etc.)
• Strong computer proficiency using standard office software programs required, in particular Microsoft Office.
• Ability to utilize technology in daily work; experience with web-based applications.
• Access to wireless internet required at the location the Resource Navigator will e remotely conducing their work. It will need to be assessed how best to ensure a reliable, fast internet connection.
• Laptops may be provided by the program, which will service multiple functions, including connection to Salesforce, data recording, resource lists management and searching, as well as, soft phone application. Resource navigators may use their own technology if they have the following PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus p=Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred
• New York City Resident preferred and familiarity with New York City neighborhoods, communities, and boroughs required.
• Candidates of highly impacted communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Call center operating hours are initially planned as (9am – 9pm) seven days per week
• These are full-time roles and are expected to include shift work.