BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTAKE SPECIALIST
The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of care coordination, supportive counseling, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families headed by families impacted by illness, crisis and loss. The Family Center’s service array includes Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Legal Services, as well as a wide range of supportive services to assist clients with meeting their treatment and life goals. The agency serves over 1,500 adults and children/youth annually. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Intake Specialist conducts phone and in-person intakes for adults and children seeking treatment for a wide range of emotional and behavioral health conditions and is a part of the agency’s Behavioral Health Department.
• Manage intake phone line, providing information to potential clients and referring providers about TFC services and eligibility requirements, and conducting phone screening.
• Conduct in-person assessment of clients seeking support for a range of emotional and behavioral health concerns, using a range of validated and locally developed assessment tools to collect required baseline data and drive decisions about initial case assignment.
• Enter intake data into electronic health record ensuring accuracy and completeness of record at time of enrollment.
• Screen for potential crises and initiate crisis intervention protocol as needed, such as to address suicidality or child abuse or neglect.
• Ensure that all callers get timely and accurate information, including efficient connection to TFC services and/or referrals to more appropriate providers.
• Meet with treatment team to discuss new cases, presenting issues, and other considerations that will impact initial case assignment and approach.
• Track all phone and in-person encounters using electronic case record and other tools.
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes therapists, psychiatrist, nurse, substance abuse counselors, case managers and peers.
• Some weekend and/or evening hours required.
• Special projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master Degree in Social Work or related field preferred
• Detail orientation and excellent organizational and documentation skills.
• Ability to work as part of a clinical team.
• Proficient computer skills including use of Google suite and Electronic Health Records
• Understanding of DSM-V mental health diagnoses and treatment approaches for adults and children.
• Ability to provide professional, confidential services to individuals and families and function in a high-paced, trauma-informed environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills.
• Ability to understand and communicate eligibility criteria and priorities which may change over time and to manage complex assessment protocols to meet various mandates.
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com and put “Behavioral Health Intake Specialist” in subject line.