We are looking for a Part-Time Psychiatrist with experience working with children and adolescents. The Psychiatrist will work with our dynamic team of mental health clinicians and supervisors for comprehensive coordination of care. The Psychiatrist will complete psychiatric evaluations and provide on-going medication management services for DMH clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Practice psychiatry in a community mental health services system;
• Assess and treat patients with wide array of behavioral mental health issues;
• Formulate, evaluation and implement treatment plans;
• Diagnose, treat and prescribe medication;
• Provide consultation to other behavioral/mental health staff;
• Maintains current, clear and concise client records, correspondence and reports;
• Establishes, supports, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and other members of the treatment team;
• Understands and maintains the best interest for the client;
• Participates in ongoing training and in-services;
• Complies with all applicable HIPAA laws, by maintaining confidentiality of patients; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must hold an M.D. or D.O. with Fellowship in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry;
• Must be licensed to practice medicine the State of California;
• Must be board certified or Board eligible in General or Child Psychiatry;
• One year minimum experience specific to an adolescent psychiatric population;
• Knowledge of use of psychotropic medication with an adolescent psychiatric population is required.