Do you like the challenges, rewards and opportunities that providing high quality mental health care to members in our communities presents, in addition to being empowered and valued by your team members? Since 1958, Monarch has been providing innovative support and trauma informed care to people with I/DD, mental illness and substance use disorders. We offer rewarding opportunities for fully licensed, clinical social workers to join our outpatient teams in Wake, Wilson, Mecklenburg, Nash, Forsyth and Guilford Counties. Are you passionate about the field of mental/behavioral health and welcome professional development? If so, we encourage you to review the description below and apply! Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org also welcomed. Please list the job title and county of interest in the subject line.
• The primary responsibility of the Behavioral Health Therapist is to provide outpatient behavioral health services to persons of all ages experiencing psychological difficulties in order to help them interact appropriately and develop meaningful relationships within community.
Job Duties (limited list):
• Perform interviews with individuals and/or families to aid in identifying presenting problems, assessing mental status and dangerousness, gathering relevant facts of psychosocial history, and assigning accurate diagnoses (using all five Axes of the current DSM manual).
• Provide individual, group, and family therapy to individuals of all ages using person-centered philosophies and best practices in all service delivery.
• Provide expertise in assessing psychiatric crises and crisis intervention while working closely with psychiatrists.
• Maintain necessary medical records in compliance with state, federal, and agency guidelines.
• Assist individuals and families in meeting other psychosocial needs by referring them to appropriate outside agencies (such as doctors, social services, and Christian Ministries) and providing information needed within the guidelines of confidentiality standards.
• Master of Social Work or Human Services related degree from an accredited university.
• Full LCSW in good standing in North Carolina.
• 2 years of previous behavioral health experience with all ages highly preferred.
• Dual license or additional certification preferred - LCAS - CADC- CSAC.
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English highly preferred.