Program Supervisor, Caregiver Program|
The Family Center
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Aug 03, 2020
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Brooklyn
||Supervisor, Caregiver Program
Program Supervisor, Caregiver Program
The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of care coordination, supportive counseling, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families headed by families impacted by illness, crisis and loss. The Family Center’s service array includes Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Legal Services, as well as a wide range of supportive services to assist clients with meeting their treatment and life goals. The agency serves over 1,500 adults and children/youth annually. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Caregiver Program Supervisor provides supervision, administrative oversight and leadership of TFC’s Caregiver Program which provides city-wide care management, parenting support, advocacy, recreational opportunities and peer support to diverse kinship and adoptive families. The Caregiver Program Supervisor reports to the Director of Supportive Services.
• Hire, train and supervise a team of Family Coordinators and Family Peer Advocates providing home and community-based assessment, crisis intervention, care management, parenting training and group support to vulnerable caregiver families, throughout NYC.
• Support staff working in the field and other remote locations to utilize remote working tools to monitor time and effort, ensure client confidentiality and service quality.
• Ensure that all enrolled families receive thorough assessment leading to the development of meaningful service plan goals.
• Ensure that staff have information and resources needed to facilitate referrals for a range of services to meet critical individual and family needs and expand access to community-based enrichment and social support.
• Ensure delivery and documentation of services, including evidence-based interventions, with fidelity to program and funder protocols.
• Coordinate calendar of group activities, including support groups for caregivers and youth, caregiver training activities and recreational activities, delivered at TFC’s office and at partner sites in other boroughs.
• Maintain a small caseload and facilitate group activities.
• Represent the program at partnership, coalition and funder meetings.
• Track progress towards contractual deliverables and draft quarterly funder reports.
• Prepare for site visits by funder and attend funder-required meetings in Albany.
• Develop and implement outreach strategies to meet contractual requirements.
• Utilize electronic health record system to document work, review supervisee work and track progress towards programmatic outcomes.
• Masters Degree in Social Work or related field preferred but not required
• Minimum of four years’ experience working with caregiver or post-adoptive families
• Two years supervisory experience preferred.
• Familiarity with benefits and resources available to caregiver-headed households.
• Experience facilitating groups and/or parenting training
• Flexibility to work some weekend and evening hours.
• Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Please email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the words "Program Supervisor, Caregiver Program” in the subject line of the
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.
State/Province: New York
Country: United States