RELIEF Residential Counselors provide part time or emergency coverage in Safety Net Shelter or THPP/THP+ FC gaining experience working with youth, 11-21 yrs of age who are healing from trauma, dealing with lift stressors and working towards independent living by providing supervision, mentorship, redirection and listening skills that empower youth to heal and make healthy life choices.
All shifts - Overnight/Weekend Availability Highly Desired!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in screening, evaluation and orientation of homeless youth.
• Handle crisis phone calls and occasional walk-in crisis situations.
• Provide individual and group counseling to residents.
• Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
• Maintain and dispense appropriate medications.
• Input client data into computer system.
• Oversee AFDC applications for client funding.
• Prepare youth each morning and ensure youth are dressed, fed and ready for school or other activity.
• Gives instructions to youth regarding desirable health and personal habits.
• Plans and leads recreational activities and participates or instructs youth games.
• Discipline youth and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior.
• Escort youth to designated activities
• Assist with housekeeping duties in the entire shelter and ensure cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
• Ensure safe environment for fellow employees and residents.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
• Ensure that any BWC vehicles used are kept tidy and that any maintenance or safety issues are reported to the Facilities Manager immediately.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties as assigned.
Bill Wilson Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.