St. Nicks Alliance is currently seeking a NORC Program Director to provide high quality services to older adults living in a Williamsburg, Brooklyn cooperative complex, in order to improve their quality of life and independence.
St. Nicks Alliance, a 45 year old community group, seeks to transform lives of low- and moderate-income people through employment, education, housing, and health care. We do this by delivering impactful services with measurable outcomes to children, adults, and the elderly. As a civic anchor we carry out this mission within the context of building a sustainable community for all people through the arts, environmental advocacy, partnerships and urban planning.
Classic NORC Programs are partnerships between social service providers, healthcare providers, housing entities, and residents. NORC Programs offer a range of flexible, coordinated healthcare and social service supports that are provided onsite at the housing complex. The goal is to maximize older adults’ health and wellbeing in order for them to remain in their homes and community.
• Provide social work services (remote) including intake and assessment, care plans, benefit/entitlement counseling and enrollment assistance, case management, and information and referral, to older adults living in the housing complex.
• Develop and implement social and educational activities to engage older adults and to build community including remote opportunities for social, educational, exercise, and personal health and wellbeing.
• Oversee the development and implementation of a volunteer program to both engage older adults in serving their community and to serve older adults in need of assistance.
• Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to maximize social and healthcare outcomes for clients.
• Maintain detailed case notes for the purposes of serving clients and tracking service use.
• Submit monthly statistical reports, both internal and to funding sources.
• Serve as liaison within the community, establishing and maintaining relationships with other community organizations, businesses, and service providers.
• Develop and conduct public outreach and engagement activities.
• Oversee NORC Advisory Council and Partnership Committee including all meetings and correspondence.
• Master's degree in Social Work or related field.
• Three to 5 years related experience working with older adults, with supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with NYC, NY State and federal benefits and entitlements.
• NYS license and registration to practice as a Licensed or Certified Social Worker in New York State preferred.
• Bilingual (Cantonese, Mandarin, or Polish) preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a part-time position of three to four days per week. Days and hours are flexible within Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter (via email only) indicating salary requirements to:
St. Nicks Alliance
Attention: Mr. Jose Leon, Deputy Executive Director