Bienestar Project Case Manager - Unaccompanied Minors|
The Family Center
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jul 24, 2020
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Brooklyn
The Family Center Mental Health Clinic’s Bienestar Project provides specialized mental health and supportive services to minors who were separated from parents/guardians at the border and who are now residing in NYC. The Bienestar Project Case Manager provides assessment, crisis intervention, care management and support to Bienestar clients and their families. The Case Manager’s work with Bienestar children, youth and families takes place in the office and the community and includes translation, interpretation and escort to services as needed. Most Bienestar clients have arrived from countries south of the US border and the Case Manager must be bilingual in Spanish and English. They must also be available to work on some Saturdays and evenings. The Bienestar Case Manager reports to the Bienestar Project Coordinator.
• Provide home and community-based assessment, crisis intervention, care management and support to Unaccompanied Minors (UAC), their families and sponsors.
• Conduct thorough assessments of child and family, including need and readiness for mental health treatment, using a variety of locally-developed and standardized tools.
• Educate UAC youth and families and referring providers about the impact of trauma and the benefits of treatment.
• Collaborate with children and families to develop meaningful service plan goals, encouraging and supporting mental health treatment as appropriate.
• Facilitate internal and external referrals for a range of services to meet critical individual child and family needs.
• Accompany clients to appointments as needed to facilitate navigation and understanding of service and regulatory systems they may need or be required to connect to.
• Facilitate peer support groups, family activities and parenting training.
• Collect data required by the funder and assist with data entry tasks as needed.
• Maintain a caseload of 16-20 families.
• Conduct outreach to promote Bienestar services among providers and community members in settings that serve high numbers of Unaccompanied Minors.
• Deliver and document services, including evidence-based interventions, with fidelity to program and agency protocols.
• Document all work with clients in electronic health record system.
• Manage extensive field schedule and use remote access tools to coordinate and communicate with supervisor and peers remotely.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, highly preferred
• Bilingual Spanish/English, required
• Experience working with poor, immigrant families
• Commitment to ensuring all work with vulnerable children and families is trauma-informed
• Familiarity with benefits and resources available to Unaccompanied Minors and their families
• Experience facilitating groups and/or delivering training
• Schedule flexibility allowing some Saturday and evening work hours
• Must have legal status that allows full-time paid employment in the US
Please email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please put the words "Bienestar Case Manager” in the subject line of the e-mail.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.
State/Province: New York
Country: United States