Foster Care Case Planner:
St. Dominic's seeks a qualified professional for their Bronx, NY location..
The Foster Care Case Planner provides casework services to children and adolescents in care and to their biological families to determine and achieve the goal of permanency. He/she does this through ongoing case assessment as well as use of evidence-based models to engage parents and enable change.
• Establish and adjust as necessary, the permanency goal for each child on his/her caseload.
• Provide ongoing services and counseling to children in placement or on trial discharge status, through interviews in foster home, family home, office or other designated location.
• Provide casework services to the biological family, as indicated in the case plan, through interviews in family home and office, or other designated location.
• Facilitate or co-facilitate weekly groups with biological and foster parents
• Prepare for sessions and attend weekly coaching sessions related to parent groups
• Submit recordings of sessions and complete session forms according to program model guidelines
• Arrange collateral services to child and family, as indicated in the case plan.
• Work cooperatively with foster parents and all agency staff to ensure coordinated delivery of services to child and family.
• Produce FASPs, Progress Notes and all other paperwork as required for city, state and Agency accountability in a timely and specified manner.
• Establish productive working relationships with birth parents, children and foster parents on caseload.
• Participate in Family Team Conferencing to ensure coordinated efforts to establish permanency.
• Provide referrals to services necessary to achieve reunification of families.
• Attend all court hearings related to children on caseload.
• Attend training, as required by the Agency, and indicated by the Supervisor.
• Become fully familiar with the CSNYC model of treatment.
• Become CANS trained and certified and completes all CANS in a timely manner.
• Participate in all Child Success related Group Work and becomes trained in group work related to KEEP and PTC.
MSW or equivalent Human Service Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree with 2yrs experience. Bilingual Spanish Speaking preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA