As Intake Worker, you’ll assess all new clients for program eligibility, answer and respond to inquiry calls, and provide program information to new and prospective clients. You’ll also collect, review, and process eligibility documentation for new clients. The Homebase program is a fast-paced environment and requires a close attention to details.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a clear and concise explanation of Homebase services to clients and collecting and reviewing initial documentation to determine clients’ program eligibility.
- Verifying the presented housing crisis via housing court stipulations, rent demands, subsidy information, etc.
- Assisting clients with completion of all intake forms, completing the initial intake service plan, and entering intake information into the database.
- Referring clients to external agencies and organizations for financial assistance, legal services, and public assistance benefits as appropriate.
- Referring clients to financial, housing, and housing court workshops.
- Participating in program outreach by conducting presentations on the Homebase program at various community-based organizations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external agencies to assist clients with their housing crises.
- Preparing regular reports as required by regulatory agencies and ensuring that all client records comply with regulatory policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required; -
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior experience in case management, assessment counseling, and crisis intervention with excellent interviewing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Resourceful and detail oriented, with strong decision making and organizational skills
- Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid US driver’s license a plus.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.