As a Case Manager for one of our Homebase programs, you’ll provides case management services, crisis intervention, and advocacy for individuals and families facing a housing crisis and who are at risk of shelter entry or re-entry. You’ll work toward the resolution of the housing crisis and address other immediate needs that the client may have that are contributing to the crisis.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Completing initial intake interviews with new clients and conducting thorough needs assessments to determine program eligibility.
- Working with clients to establish services plans leading to crisis resolution and self-sufficiency.
- Providing clients with service referrals for employment, training, vocational training, and education.
- Advocating for and assisting clients with the service delivery system to ensure receipt of entitlements and housing stabilization.
- Coordinating with the Housing Court Liaison and Housing Specialist to provide court advocacy and relocation services as needed.
- Preparing thorough, accurate, and complete program financial assistance requests, as needed, to assist with resolving clients’ housing crises.
- Participating in program outreach efforts and making presentations to community-based organizations in order to increase program enrollments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field required.
- Knowledgeable of relevant state and county regulations.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in case management, assessment, counseling and crisis intervention preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with and knowledge of NYC/NYS housing subsidies a plus.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to take the initiative, be dependable and resourceful, and pay keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills to enable successful management of multiple tasks in a timely manner in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Knowledge of family systems approach to practice preferred.
- Knowledge of team concepts preferred.
- Computer literate, specifically with Microsoft applications, required.
- Able to provide evening and weekend coverage as needed.
- Valid US Drivers’ license a plus.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.