The Mental Health Coach provides clinical and assessment support of the programs casework staff working families in the Family Treatment Rehabilitation (FTR) program. FTR services offers intensive preventive case management services to families at risk of removal of children to foster care due to neglect and abuse associated with drug use and/or mental illness. Under the supervision of the FTR Site Director, the MH Coach will provide MH status assessments, treatment recommendations and direct therapeutic support to clients in an effort to help stabilize children and families, and thus reduce safety and risk concerns.
• Provide initial MH status and/or DV evaluations for children, adolescents, and adults
• Make recommendations for type of treatment services needed based on assessment
• Make home visits as maybe required
• Make referrals to treatment services and monitor child/family attendance of services
• Obtain treatment reports on clients
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community clinical providers
• Identify risks and gaps in treatment services
• Provide short-term therapeutic sessions for children/adolescents not requiring community based MH services
• Consult program case planners/supervisors on clients’ MH status and coach case planners on appropriate/supportive MH maintenance
• Attend meetings and conferences at other agencies on behalf of clients as may be required
• Participate in program case conferences to provide assessment of clinical status and treatment options for clients
• Attend community events, forums, coalitions to increase program visibility and knowledge of community resources to benefit children and families
• Maintain documentation on all services provided on behalf of client-families.
• Attend supervision and be prepared to discuss family-case treatment progress and/or concerns
• Attend in services and/or ACS trainings as may be required
• Attend community resources to benefit children and families.
• Flexible hours, including Saturdays as may be required
• Other duties as assigned by Program Director