Queens or Brooklyn FSS Case Planner - Preventive Services|
Coalition for Hispanic Family Services
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jul 09, 2020
||Immediate | Negotiable
||Low to mid 40s
||US - New York - Jackson Heights
||- n/a -
CHFS is looking for Case Planners for its Brooklyn (Bushwick or Brownsville) and Queens (Jackson Heights) Preventive Services sites. Under the broad supervision of the Program Supervisor, this position is responsible for the direct supervision and monitoring of children and families, referred by the Administration for Children Services (ACS), or self/community providers who are deemed to be at risk of foster care placement. The scope of these responsibilities includes, but is not limited to individual and family counseling, home visits, school visits, monitoring of medical, mental health and educational services.
Responsibilities include carrying out a variety of casework activities within the child welfare system. Provides supportive services to children and families and written documentation as required. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a caseload of 12 families & be trained and implement a Solution Based Casework model approach
- Conduct face to face contacts in the family homes and program site
- Monitor and document child contacts in a family for risk and safety as described by the Administration for Children Services (ACS) standards
- Monitor children in their school placement and educational performance
- Monitor children and their medical needs, including compliance with periodic physicals and immunizations
- Assess, refer and monitor children and families to mental health and/or substance abuse services
- Maintain periodic contact with mental health and substance abuse providers to assure individual/family participation
- Assess, refer children/families to supportive and concrete services, housing, financial assistance, medical, immigration, legal, etc.
- Collaborate with program Case Aide in aiding and supporting families in obtaining resources, support services, and advocacy assistance
- Complete all other program required paperwork, i.e., Progress Notes, Program Family Assessments, Family Assessment Service Plans (FASPs), and other reportingrequirements as related to the FTR program model
- Ensure families and children attend and participate in Family Team Conferences to promote case progress, reduce length of services and improved outcomes for children
- Attend and participate in any and all meetings and conference pertaining to family cases as assigned with other agencies, child welfare, and/or family court
- Participate in monthly case conferences to discuss family case progress, and/or develop intervention strategies to improve family outcomes
- Participate in weekly Supervision, with a planned agenda on family case issues to discuss
- Implement Quality Assurance data to drive case practice and improve performance and achieve outcomes
- Attend ACS and agency in-house trainings as required
- Attend community events, forums, coalitions to increase program visibility and knowledge of community resources
- Participate in internal and external continuous quality improvement processes
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Program Supervisor, and/or Program Director
- Flexible hours, including Saturdays as may be required
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related field, with three or more year’s prior experience in child welfare or other social services, including day care, youth services or other related programs that involves direct work and contact with children and families. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Must be computer literate. Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, or Polish speaking strongly preferred.
All interviews are primarily conducted via video conferencing due to COVID-19 health risks. Currently, work is primarily done remotely.
Please indicate "Queens or Brooklyn FSS Case Planner - Preventive Services" in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Flexible hours including Saturdays | Excellent Benefits & Salary / EEO
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Franc Villalobos
Address: 315 Wyckoff Ave
State/Province: New York
Country: United States